How can you adopt a Greyhound?
- Optionally, phone us or email us to chat about the idea.
- Complete an adoption application form. This asks for basic information on your family's lifestyle, yard and fencing and other pets.
- Upon receipt of your completed questionnaire, an adoption representative will be in contact with you as soon as possible, to answer any questions you may have and to arrange a visit to your home. This visit allows you to see a Greyhound in your home and yard, and gives us an opportunity to meet the whole family, including children and pets, so that we can best assess your requirements in a new dog.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be placed on a waiting list for a Greyhound.
In some cases a suitable dog (or dogs) may be available to meet almost immediately.
In other cases the wait may be as long as six months, particularly if you require a cat-safe Greyhound or have other special wishes.
- If we can provide an appropriate Greyhound, it is on trial with you for a couple of weeks to make sure it is the right Greyhound for your circumstances.
- At the conclusion of this period, you will be asked to sign an adoption contract with GAP (NSW), Inc and take ownership of the Greyhound.
Should you wish to discuss your application in more detail, please phone GAP on (02) 9452 3446.